zondag 19 april 2009

Danish lesson and teaching!

We had a lot of Danish lessons. What could I use from Danish lessons so far? The colors, the words like what, where, when, how,… So that was very useful! I also used the sentences for introducing myself.

On Thursday I teached an art lesson in the Danish language. The pupils were 8 years old so they don’t understand English. Wow, this was hard but the pupils did understand me! First they heard a sound from insects and they had to name a lot of insects. Then they smelled and touched the grass that I brought with me. I find it very important that pupils feel, do, hear, a lot of things in real! After this they had to name the insects. I had my little paper for peeking with all kinds of insects in Danish. After this I gave my instruction in Danish and surprise surprise, everyone did what they were expected to do! I showed also one of my exemples so that they could see how it's supposed to look like.
First I was a little bit afraid that this lesson would be too difficult for them. But as you can see on the pictures, it was just for them! Now I know that this lesson works for 8 year old children, I can use this in my own practice in 3 weeks! Woehoe, one lesson more!

This was a chance to learn more Danish on my own while I was teaching!

Evalutation from the pupils:
- “She will be a good teacher.”
- “She is very sweet.”
- “The lesson was very funny.”
- “ She helped me, that was good.”
- “ She is trying to speak Danish, that was good.”

I was very happy after those comments from the pupils! I went home singing!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten